[SOLVED] orange light motherboard sometimes turns on

Oct 11, 2019
Hi everybody.

I got a new computer in september 2019, everything is great except i get an odd error every now and then when i try to turn on the beast. The motherboard light turns orange and everything stalls, (fans running etc) but no screen.
then i hold to shut down and try a few more times and then it works.

I got a new powersupply as the old one was too small (argued by a technician). It had some of the same problems back then, but not completely so i think something was fixed by that. i have one major player to blame, which is excessive transition on the circuits. With my old laptop i would get slightly tazed when i leaned my hand on the casing, and if i touched my radiator id get electrocuted (more or less). I got a ground cable for my main-monitor and my PC, but some of the components (my stereo, my off screens and my router (though ethernet if possible) are still connected without proper grounding, as the cables do not have a ground-possibility.

Lastly i know that if i used Iobits driver-booster to get my drivers up to date, i cannot upgrade 4 components namely my 4 "standard SATA AHCI Controller", as doing so yeilds the following problem: turn pc on. Eternal spin of loadscreen. nothing happens.

i hope you can help me, as i have invested quite the fortune on this beast.

Solution
The nearest LED I can find in your manual to orange...is yellow.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...1.1794045605.1591105913-1361062486.1576592336

Check out page 1-8.

....and that's the LED for the memory.

So I would power down and remove the memory, inspect the slots and the memory itself at the contacts to see if you have any debris or anything. If everything looks good I would reseat the memory and try it.

If the problem remains....and if you have more than one stick....I would start swapping memory and trying to find out what's going on by elimination. Sometimes you can find out....other times not so much.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...1.1794045605.1591105913-1361062486.1576592336

Check out page 1-8.

So I would power down and remove the memory, inspect the slots and the memory itself at the contacts to see if you have any debris or anything. If everything looks good I would reseat the memory and try it.

If the problem remains....and if you have more than one stick....I would start swapping memory and trying to find out what's going on by elimination. Sometimes you can find out....other times not so much.

Solution
Oct 11, 2019

Check out page 1-8.

Thank you very much - ill try and return after