• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Orange light motherboard

am I big dumm dumm?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • biggest dumm dumm

• absolutely

• Total voters
Jul 5, 2020
I was installing a new hard drive and a new network card into my pc today and after I finished and turned my pc on I noticed the motherboard backlight is now orange o_O I spent a couple hours checking all the cables and even unhooked the new parts and then boot again each time but the light is persistent and remains on. The computer is running fine and I ran a benchmark that came back good (Results posted below) I thought I may have bumped a cable but if thats the case I absolutely cannot figure out which one it is because I checked all of the connections and everything seems secure. This is my second pc build that i've put together. I think worse case scenario I may have pushed on the case too hard and damaged the motherboard but im looking for a second opinion. it is a snug fit in the back of the pc so whenever i have to access the drives or power supply its a power struggle to get the case back onto it.

Photo of PC

UserBenchmarks: Game 83%, Desk 93%, Work 84%
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K - 97.2%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 - 82.9%
SSD: PNY CS1311 240GB - 88.7%
HDD: Microsoft Storage Space Device 2TB - 95.7%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 71.5%
MBD: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Jul 5, 2020
That's the LED lighting built into the motherboard. That's normal and I'm pretty sure it was illuminating prior to the upgrades.
:ROFLMAO: omg I seriously was panicking for nothing then. I was hoping that was the case but I couldnt remember it ever being lit up before. One thing is apparent from this... I have a poor attention to detail. Thank you!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS