[SOLVED] Orange power-button light on Dell Optiplex 760 ?

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
My spare PC just doesn't work after I left it for a day of not powering on.

The next day I plugged it in, the power button light just goes orange for a few seconds and then turns off again, and it loops forever. I tried pressing the power supply button behind and it shown a green light.

I tried replacing the CMOS Battery, nothing happened. Tried moving the RAM on different slots, it still does the same orange light. Cleaned the entire case, and replaced the thermal paste, it didn't do any.

What could be the cause?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Go to to the motherboard's manufacturer's website.

Find the applicable User Manual to determine exactly what the LED's are and what the color coding means.

And, be aware that some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM module be placed in a specific slot. Once you started moving the RAM about you may have violated that requirement.

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?

Reactions: testsubject2575

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Go to to the motherboard's manufacturer's website.

Find the applicable User Manual to determine exactly what the LED's are and what the color coding means.

And, be aware that some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM module be placed in a specific slot. Once you started moving the RAM about you may have violated that requirement.

Will the computer boot into Safe Mode?
It doesn't boot. It has orange light and 3 4 numbers lit up. Anyway I found the manual now, thank you.