Ordering custom build off Cyberpower, no clue what im doing!

Pbnj12

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Hello, i am ordering a custom pc off cyberpower, and before you guys tell me to build it myself i cant do that because i lack the skills, and the time! If you wouldnt mind looking at the specs i have here they are:

Cpu: Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011

Motherboard:(4-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI

memory: 16gb (4gbx4) 1600hmz ddr3

Gpu: nvidia gtx 770

750 watt power supply

hard drive: 120gb ssd and a 1t 7200prm

wireless card: 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card (i have no clue what this does, and there is a 7 dollar cheaper option if it doesnt make a difference)

This whole thing runs to about 1798 before tax and shipping, and i was wondering if this is a quality build. I am going to be using this to run music production programs, design programs, editing, etc and play games like arma, battlefield 4 so things to that nature. If you could tell me if this is a good build, if im over paying in certain areas and could get same performance with cheaper hardware? Any insight at all would be great! thanks for reading this and attempting to help me out because most of this to me is just gibberish

I wouldn't bother with the 2011 chipset and chip. No advantage over an 1150 chip and chipset and probably $300 cheaper at least. The only advantage is the PCi-express lanes. If you plan on running 4 GPU's and want full 16x lanes for each one, then the 2011 based boards are good. If your not, it's a complete waste and no benefit over something way cheaper.

TRENDING THREADS