Origin PC Chronos Desktop Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Nice looking machine but could I really bring myself to buy a pre-built box? Half the fun of your own high end gaming rig is that you chose the parts and built it yourself. This sounds like defeat for many of us here.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Prebuilt pcs are just pointless all around. It's cheaper to build custom, as well as being an enjoyable experience. I could see it being an option for folks who want a pc right now without having to look too much into it or the 'hassle' of setting it up. But after that's all said and done, the user is still left with maintenance themselves, and depending on what they splurged their $$$ on, maintenance can be simple, to an outright pain, especially if they didn't do their research beforehand. And if one somehow screws something up, i.e., a water leak via the AIO, that money sink goes poof!

Poor liquid cooler placement. Not only are they forced to use a SLIM FAN which would be noisier, but the hot air is blown out the SIDE which limits where you can put the case.

Plus, it also distracts from the looks of the side of the case which is important in a boutique PC.

I would have used 2x120mm front intake fans with the intake vents HIDDEN so the front could look virtually the same (i.e. vents similar to PC's with a front door, so the front could wrap around the sides slightly and hide the vents running from bottom to top on both sides).

Then don't have any fan holes on the SIDES at all. You can keep the window for the graphics card to keep the same aesthetic.

Thus the case would look almost identical, but a cleaner design with airflow coming in the front, and going out the normal paths.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007

Nope...never! Been building em for 20 years.

Buying pre-built is giving up on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.