Origin PC EON15-X Gaming Laptop Review: High Performance, Higher Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2018
Two more memory slots are hidden on the other side of the motherboard, and will require more disassembly to access. The rest of the interior consists of the EON15-X’s cooling solution...........www.precandy.com????????????????

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
People must be buying them if they are still making super expensive gaming laptops. What does it tell you about us customers? Are we really that dumb? I mean playing games on $3500 laptop, tiny 15'' sreen, super heavy, ugly and loud under full load. Why? If you can have much faster PC with 4k monitor at much cheaper price. I just don't get it.

Jul 5, 2018
The touchpad is divided into one slate on the top plus left and right clicks on the bottom. The slate has a smooth matte finish which provides excellent tracking, but it has a slight amount of surface drag SEE TO COPY PAST...........www.seekcyber.com

1) Refresh rate?
I spent 15 minutes online and could NOT find out what it is. I'm guessing either 60Hz or 75Hz but why is there no info anywhere?

2) Noise?
Unless I missed it in the article all I see is that it supposedly has excellent cooling. Well, if it's at all NOISY then you can't say the cooling is excellent. You need to have both minimal CPU and GPU throttling in addition to low noise to say that.

Above where my main questions right off the bat but also the ones I couldn't find info on. Coincidence?

3) 1920x1080 only?
Not even another option at the Origin site despite many, many other configurations for CPU and other parts.

So let me get this straight, we put in a CPU and GPU that can drive many games far above 60FPS at 1920x1080 but may not have a sufficiently high enough refresh rate to stay in GSYNC mode?

I know some people will take all the CPU and GPU power they can handle but for me if it's only a 1080p screen at 75Hz or less that seems a mistake.

I think the AORUS in this review has a 120Hz, 2560x1440 screen so... what's the deal?

ZM Fong

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
Why buy from originpc. HIDevolution and ObsidianPC are clearly better options for P750/P751/P775/P870TM

Aug 15, 2018
I looked at HIDevolution & ObsidianPC, but Origin appears to have the best options for me to get a high powered laptop with a 17" screen. The prices from HIDevolution for a laptop with a 6 core processor running at 3.7Ghz are far higher than from Origin. Also, the ObsidianPC prices are significantly higher and it ships from the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS