Origin PC Now Also Selling Intel X79-based Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
An ad for Origin ... hohum

This is a Sager(Clevo), NP9270 (P270WM)

Compare prices with gentech and xotic and whoever else rebrand the same clevo model.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]...Sounds like someone who is forever stuck with sub $500 laptops to me. I have the Asus G74 sandy bridge maxed out with close to the specs of this one for under 2 grand and it flies faster than most desktops out. Some of us do more with a PC than check email and tweet freggo.[/citation]
LMAO Faster than most desktops?! You've been drinking, haven't you?

G

I haven't and I have the same G74. You shouldn't talk about things which you don't know. The G74 and it's predecessor is what knowledgeable gamers who are looking for portability, yet still want to eat, go for. My laptop runs rings around anything short of an overclocked custom build desktop or an alienware wallet buster.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]...Sounds like someone who is forever stuck with sub $500 laptops to me. I have the Asus G74 sandy bridge maxed out with close to the specs of this one for under 2 grand and it flies faster than most desktops out. Some of us do more with a PC than check email and tweet freggo.[/citation]

Any 2 grand desktop would whipe the floor with a 2 grand laptop.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Tweedledee32[/nom]I haven't and I have the same G74. You shouldn't talk about things which you don't know. The G74 and it's predecessor is what knowledgeable gamers who are looking for portability, yet still want to eat, go for. My laptop runs rings around anything short of an overclocked custom build desktop or an alienware wallet buster.[/citation]
Let's not embellish. The GTX 560m of the G74 is a downclocked GTX 550 Ti. Not a bad chip, but not near top of the line either. That being said, if you upgrade to GTX 580m SLI then you are talking about more power than a single GTX 580 which is not bad at all - especially in a laptop!

[citation][nom]digitalzom-b[/nom]Any 2 grand desktop would whipe the floor with a 2 grand laptop.[/citation]
Now for this statement of ignorance. This comes up literally every time an article about a gaming laptop is posted. Apples and oranges my friend. A laptop also has a mouse, a keyboard, speakers, a battery backup, a screen, smaller size, lower weight. And yes you pay for the mobility, and for most people that is easily worth it.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
And one other advantge to a gaming laptop is support for a very specific set of hardware. So if there is an issue, usually a solutions is found on google.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I forgot your post in my first one ;)

The G74 maxed out is well over $2k, but I digress. My same remark about video cards made above of course applies here as well - since Asus (unlike Alienware and Clevo) does not make the GPU in it's laptops upgradeable. Moving forward, the "close to the same specs" line begs for criticism. Unless you have a 2960xm that you are overclocking, the 3930k or 3960xm are measurably stronger CPUs, never mind the difference in memory bandwidth. You also have 2 hard drive slots (3 if you sacrifice your optical bay) so no matter how hard you try, you will never have the 3 (optional 4) that this laptop offers. Not trying to rain on your parade just would hate to see you misleading other readers on this site.

Now I am sure that these last 2 posts of mine will make me REALLY popular here.....so allow me to establish some credibility. I have over 10k posts on the notebookreview forums and am considered (at least there) to know something about laptops and not be talking out my ass. Here is the link to my profile for those who call BS: http://forum.notebookreview.com/member.php?u=262678

G

[citation][nom]scook9[/nom](...blah blah blah...) Now I am sure that these last 2 posts of mine will make me REALLY popular here.....so allow me to establish some credibility. I have over 10k posts on the notebookreview forums and am considered (at least there) to know something about laptops and not be talking out my ass. Here is the link to my profile for those who call BS: http://forum.notebookreview.com/member.php?u=262678[/citation]

I'm Bill Gates. Here is the link to my profile for those who call BS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_gates

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]so allow me to establish some credibility. I have over 10k posts on the notebookreview forums[/citation]
So far all you have done is admit to spamming, no one is going read all that to decide if you know what you are talking about, you need to do that here instead of waving credentials in peoples faces, thats why people are thumbing you down, basically the same as saying "don't you know who I am?"

Nope, could actually care less now though

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]LOL the posts of some of these fools boggles the mind. I'm talking to the first few posts who like to hate on stuff they cant afford and or never used i.e. 2 grand plus laptops. Yes my desktop blows away my asus g74 I was talking to the moop above who was hating on people like me that have to money to spend on high end laptops. Skook 9 regardless of your "credentials" I'm speaking from my experience. With over 10k posts doesnt make you an expert just means you dont have a life other than on here.[/citation]

http://xkcd.com/386/

Cheers! 8)

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
so, how much origin pc paid toms for this advertising? it's just a Clevo P270WM and there's cheaper places to buy it. nothing new to see in this article.
Will toms make a articles for every seller that sells the Clevo P270WM?
As for the notebook it just has a new chipset and cpu. not even the gpu's are new. they are used in the previous generation. Not even the I/O ports were updated, not even thunderbolt. and the cheaper sandy bridge version costs $1000 less. Nevertheless, if maxed out, it's the best notebook in the world.

cee2cee

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom] allow me to establish some credibility. I have over 10k posts on the notebookreview forums and am considered (at least there) to know something about laptops and not be talking out my ass. Here is the link to my profile for those who call BS: http://forum.notebookreview.com/member.php?u=262678[/citation]

Get a life, dweeb.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
it is a shame that everyone got caught up on my remark about my laptop knowledge "credibility" and seemed to gloss over the rest of the post. IF you had actually gone to that link, you would have seen that just like you Soldier37, I am also speaking from experience. I currently have an Alienware (not a wallet buster any more than a comparable Asus would be....) and have owned high end laptops for the past 3 years.

I am sure this post will also be thumbed down into obscurity though.....I said I have an alienware.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]cobra5000[/nom]LMAO Faster than most desktops?! You've been drinking, haven't you?[/citation]
Yeah most desktops are not new uber overclocked Sandy Bridge systems with a high end video card..
My G50VT laptop (C2D 3GHZ with X25-m SSD) is faster than a lot of desktops even. I mean it's an opinion but it sure boots fast and does everything snappy except for high end gaming.

It would be pretty cool to have a laptop with desktop hardware, but if I wanted performnce like that to be mobile, I'm still not sure about getting an X79 laptop. I would like to see an LGA 1155 laptop, that would be a better bang for buck and would probably have a CPU that uses almost half the power come Ivy bridge.

Besides, having six core's doesn't help in gaming over 4 cores of the same architecture, in fact it's been shown to hurt because the six core CPU can't reach the clock rate of the quad core CPU without using too much power.

The Radeon 7000 and GTX 600 mobile cards should show a large improvement over the previous, just need to wait for them. Until then, I don't see a point in buying a high end laptop for mobile gaming. To be honest, it looks like gamers whom need to be mobile aren't nearly as common as those who can just use a desktop instead.

It would be pretty cool to see one of the motherboard manufacturers integrate a desktop GPU like the 7950 or 7970 into this, that would probably use less power than SLI GTX 580ms too.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I guarantee a "professional" won't buy this regardless of all the power if it is using a crappy 1920x1080 screen, seriously. For something truly high end it should have at least a 1920x1200 matte finish true RGB screen or go home.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009

I love how jackasses always assume that if you have the common sense not to blow money one something expensive just to impress others then you somehow can't afford it. How do you know he can't afford it????

Your "logic" is amazing so you're saying any one with money must automatically buy the most expensive option on the table even if it doesn't suit their preference or doesn't seem worth the money or it somehow proves they can't afford it?

I make a good living and I can afford a good mid range german car (C class benz) but I would never buy one because (1) I only like American cars so it doesn't suit my preference and (2) I see no need for one. My tricked out 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo gets me to work, takes me out and back with no issues and only cost me mid 20ks.

Why would I spend high 40 to low 50k on a benz other than just to prove I can buy one? That makes no sense.

As far as your laptop beating most desktops out? Yea maybe some weak dell or something, there is not a home built desktop that wouldnt kill that laptop at a similar price.

Status
Not open for further replies.