Origin PC Overclocks 6-Core i7-980X to 4.3GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]yes... or like most people you save yourself a great deal of that money and build the rig YOURSELF!!![/citation]

if I had money, I would buy one myself...just to say I bought one...

and yes, I can build any type of rig myself....

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]yes... or like most people you save yourself a great deal of that money and build the rig YOURSELF!!![/citation]
I think you mean most people HERE. Most people, in general, know dick about computers and just use them to do Excel spreadsheets, Facebook, and TurboTax.

4ILY45

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]I think you mean most people HERE. Most people, in general, know dick about computers and just use them to do Excel spreadsheets, Facebook, and TurboTax.[/citation]

+1 agree with him...
some of them can even tell the difference between a BIOS to a BSOD..

drjones666

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I built my i7-920 (stock clock speed 2.67GHz) and overclocked it to 3.8GHz with fans only. And I paid only $350 for my CPU!

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Honestly I think some people with more money than time could buy that just because overclocking so high takes a lot of effort and also a 4.3GHz factory overclock covered under warranty is pretty cool actually.

I've overclocked my own 920 to 4.36 or so, but I could see how this would appeal to some.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]I think you mean most people HERE. Most people, in general, know dick about computers and just use them to do Excel spreadsheets, Facebook, and TurboTax.[/citation]

Yes... definetely! But if your interested in buying this kind of rig then you must know something about computers, and probably know how to build one.

G

However most people are stupid enough to buy/build a PC with a 6 core processor and only use it for things like GAMING (dont need 6 cores morons), word, facebook, turbotax, watching movies, etc...

Most ppl buy these things just to say they did as their insecurities prevent their brain from thinking logically. Like those dumb kids with 16GB of ram and running a 32 bit system (only utilizes 3.33).

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
My i7 920 runs at 4.2GHZ @ 45°C @ full load (prime95) on liquid . But for a noob with a lot of cash, this is a really good idea and the price is fair for an OC with a warranty.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]johndoe007[/nom]However most people are stupid enough to buy/build a PC with a 6 core processor and only use it for things like GAMING (dont need 6 cores morons), word, facebook, turbotax, watching movies, etc...Most ppl buy these things just to say they did as their insecurities prevent their brain from thinking logically. Like those dumb kids with 16GB of ram and running a 32 bit system (only utilizes 3.33).[/citation]

You know that pretty much every new game is multi threaded ? Programming is catching up fast...

And who the hell is still running x86 OSes?

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
I would spend the extra money on the i7-980x, but i would do the overclocking. I would hope that someone spending a G on a cpu knows how to operate his or her bios and how to overclock.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
They very well might know how to overclock. But overclock it yourself void the warranty. They overclock it, and it still has a warranty could really be a plus for some people. Which I get. Personally I wouldn't, then again I also have no plans on buying such an expensive cpu anyways.

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]Does it run Crysis?[/citation]
nope it can't.. still needs motherboard, ram, gpu, ect.

bigstott

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Most people don't utilize ther duals and quads so six cores will be marketed to a smaller percentage of users right now. Most Day to day PC users do fine with a dule core processor. Most gamers running a game and multiple programs a quad like the i7 920 or similar will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.