Origin PC Shows Off EON15-X And EON17-X Laptops With G-Sync At E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMace

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
These guys make -real- gaming pcs. Their laptops are legit gaming platforms that people should look to with the same fidelity that pre-Dell Alienware had. They are also small enough that you are not paying an extra price for the name.

LunarPropane

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
These guys make -real- gaming pcs. Their laptops are legit gaming platforms that people should look to with the same fidelity that pre-Dell Alienware had. They are also small enough that you are not paying an extra price for the name.
They are the same people. They sold Alienware and then went on to start OriginPC.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

so you think 6k for a computer is not paying extra? (That is only CPU, PSU, MB, Memory, one SSD, no HDD and SLI and case) There towers start at 2,2k and you don't even get top of the line hardware at that starting price point.

That is a crazy rip off. The system I can build for 6k would be crazy. Granted I will not have the extra goodies.

MasterMace

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
so you think 6k for a computer is not paying extra? (That is only CPU, PSU, MB, Memory, one SSD, no HDD and SLI and case) There towers start at 2,2k and you don't even get top of the line hardware at that starting price point.

That is a crazy rip off. The system I can build for 6k would be crazy. Granted I will not have the extra goodies.

Don't know where you pulled 6k out of, but it sure stinks. EON17-X Laptop with an i7 4790k, GTX 980M, AC Wireless, 750gb 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 850 250gb SSD, for $2600.

Their Full tower Genesis starts at $1766 for Z97 boards, $2203 for X99 boards, and if you added enough stuff to get to $6k on the X99 board, you'd be looking at 3x or 4x SLI with multi stage liquid cooling. Their Mid Tower starts at $1730 for Z97, $2165 for X99. What you're paying for are the parts and the build.

When people are looking at getting these custom builds, they are primarily looking at builds they cannot do themselves - laptops. However, their desktops are also very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.