Original CM Sniper Case/Side Fan Mounting

adamsabado

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018
I have the original CM sniper case: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/sniper/

I will probably keep it forever because it just seems to be a tank and never dies. Anyway, i have every possible fan mounted in there except the optional side fan. I bought two new 120mm fans and went to mount them, only to find out the screw holes on the inside of the case are super small and there is no way a standard case screw would fit in there. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have another solution?

Thanks!

Solution
Standard is a vague word when used in the computing industry that has a sea of components to deal with every year. Some fans bolt on the other end while some fans only mount with self tapping screws. There are also some fans which have 6-32 threading alone. That being said, can you post a picture of the screw and the fans? The images for the case don't include much in terms of installation/screw used but your cases manual, page 10, shows that you need special screws to install the two 120mm fans.

I'm leaning towards 6-32 screws being the necessary hardware here.

Lutfij

Titan
Standard is a vague word when used in the computing industry that has a sea of components to deal with every year. Some fans bolt on the other end while some fans only mount with self tapping screws. There are also some fans which have 6-32 threading alone. That being said, can you post a picture of the screw and the fans? The images for the case don't include much in terms of installation/screw used but your cases manual, page 10, shows that you need special screws to install the two 120mm fans.

I'm leaning towards 6-32 screws being the necessary hardware here.

Solution

adamsabado

Prominent
Jul 12, 2018

Yep that's the one! I am taking the side of the case to a hardware store today to try different screws to see which one fits. I think those optional side fans would make a difference with air intake since the room i am in is kind of hot. I contacted Cooler Master to ask about it but they had no information since the case is like 10 years old. It's a beast though and never dies. Thanks!