[SOLVED] Original review gpu prices

ConradWebster

Reputable
Aug 2, 2019
Reading original reviews there are always comments about a few extra dollars/pounds being too high a price and the hope that prices will fall when competitor cards are released. I start off with the MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming X which I have been following. In October 2019 Techpowerup priced this at $260 or £185 and finished with the comment 'It looks like the $200–$300 market segment is suddenly going to become very interesting.' Well it did certainly. I spotted the gpu for inclusion in a build for $704 or £500. I believe I will wait.

Solution
This is merely the result of one company getting ahead in the price category and charging what they think they can get away with before the competitor comes out with something. At least, that's the way I see it. Either way, whoever's first sets the baseline.

However, the idea that the original price will drop once the competitor comes out is wishful thinking. It almost never happens (I've certainly never seen it happen). After all, the RX 6900 XT is within spitting distance of the RTX 3090's performance and NVIDIA didn't price drop the RTX 3090. So if you're going to wait for an MSRP price drop, you're going to be waiting for a very long time.

Dithering on your decision to buy a PC is the worst thing you can do. You'll just be kicking...
This is merely the result of one company getting ahead in the price category and charging what they think they can get away with before the competitor comes out with something. At least, that's the way I see it. Either way, whoever's first sets the baseline.

However, the idea that the original price will drop once the competitor comes out is wishful thinking. It almost never happens (I've certainly never seen it happen). After all, the RX 6900 XT is within spitting distance of the RTX 3090's performance and NVIDIA didn't price drop the RTX 3090. So if you're going to wait for an MSRP price drop, you're going to be waiting for a very long time.

Dithering on your decision to buy a PC is the worst thing you can do. You'll just be kicking the can down the road. Just get the best thing you can afford now and ignore what you might've gotten.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1560910

the 3070 you will never see for the old msrp 499 supply and demand have increased that. If i was looking to upgrade i would hop over the HP omen and grab one of those for like 3000 dollars. Nice open case for air flow liquid cooling very clean build