[SOLVED] Original RX 590 or a 590 Nitro+?

Aldo Ramdani

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019
I've searched for awhile and i found that RX 590 Nitro+ edition (from Sapphire) have higher boost clock, should i buy the Original RX 590 or the Nitro one?

Solution
If you are upgrading from that RX 580 in your signature I'd say save your money.

That said, get what you can afford. Generally the factory overclocks aren't good for a whole lot more performance. You're looking at gains from 3-5% in most cases. Which is fine on higher end hardware, but on midrange or lower end hardware can easily translate to little to no gains at all. The real advantage to the premium cards is the cooling. Many of them have beefed up cooling which will extend the life of the card or be useful for further overclocking.

So, the answer to your question is another question. Which is more important to you, saving some money or possibly better cooling? Because performance gains from factory overclocks are usually not that...
If you are upgrading from that RX 580 in your signature I'd say save your money.

That said, get what you can afford. Generally the factory overclocks aren't good for a whole lot more performance. You're looking at gains from 3-5% in most cases. Which is fine on higher end hardware, but on midrange or lower end hardware can easily translate to little to no gains at all. The real advantage to the premium cards is the cooling. Many of them have beefed up cooling which will extend the life of the card or be useful for further overclocking.

So, the answer to your question is another question. Which is more important to you, saving some money or possibly better cooling? Because performance gains from factory overclocks are usually not that big of a deal on midrange GPUs.

Solution

Aldo Ramdani

Commendable
Dec 8, 2019

So, the answer to your question is another question. Which is more important to you, saving some money or possibly better cooling? Because performance gains from factory overclocks are usually not that big of a deal on midrange GPUs.
Hmm i think better cooling.