Os crash

bala murali

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
My desktop icons on acer inspiron v5 lappy have suddenly disappeared and when i switched it off and try to start it its displaying a message 'os not found' . Could anyone suggest what happened to my lappy. Its a brand new one bought 2 months ago.

two things..you got a virus that damages the os. or you had a hard drive crash. i would go to another pc and download hirem boot cd. make a boot cd or boot usb stick and scan for virus and then check the hard driver using smart reader (reads the hard drive smart data. and run a vendor drive test.if the drive is fine but windows is damaged you can use hirem mini xp to boot your laptop and pull your data off and then run the lappy restore program. when the program is done make sure you install an anti virus. the ones on the lappy are only good for 30 days. unless you pay for it. mse/avg/avast all have free anti virus. if you have comcast they have there own free download for comcast users.

bala murali

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

when i restarted it now and clicked on option recovery, windows scanned and displayed that there is some harddisk error. I started windows normally and aftersome time screen went blue displaying message
'A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent to your computer.
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or terminated."

and few more lines suggesting to check recently installed hardware or software