Question OS Install Problem - New Build

Arav13

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
Good Day,

My build is the following:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fxQKq3

When I got to the point of installing Windows 10, I did have success passing through the initial installation stage (where you see the percentage of copying, getting files ready for installation, installing features, installing updates). Then, when windows rebooted to continue Windows installation, I received the following error window:

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed.

I was pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart the computer after which my monitor cycles through available options such as, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, then turns black. Then, cycle repeats.
Then, I pressed and held the system PWR button until the system turned off. I booted the system back ON by pressing the system PWR button and did manage to finish Windows 10 installation and get through the Welcome screen. However, after I restarted the computer through the Start-->Restart option, I do not get the system to boot the operating system again. My monitor just cycles through all of the available options all over again (DVI, HMDI, DisplayPort), and then turns black. Then, cycle repeats. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this situation? Also, if I connect the HDMI cable between the monitor and the motherboard HDMI output I do not get any image at all, I only get any image at all if I am connected to the graphics card HDMI…

Arav13

Reputable
Apr 17, 2016
One small additional troubleshooting:

I have disconnected the RTX 2060 Super graphics card and attempted to get an output from the integrated graphics on motherboard. My monitor was completely black with absolutely nothing displayed. I also had a white LED illuminated on the motherboard, indicating that there is a VGA problem. Does this mean I have a problem with the motherboard?

2019-12-25-221905

TRENDING THREADS