OS Reformat Question (Win7x64HmPrem)

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I just recently had to do a factory restore on an HP system (think bloatware) using the HP Recovery discs. I did the same thing last year but used a bootable USB with an .iso from MS that worked like a charm, then made a system image of that install on an external HDD. I lost the USB data and was wondering if it would be at all possible to take that system image and apply it to this new restore/re-install in hopes of ending up with a clean version of the OS without all the HP nonsense that is too numerous to mention.

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I think what I wrote maybe misleading. I had to do a Factory Restore using the HP Recovery Discs this time.

Last time (about a yr ago) I did a reformat/restore using the USB w/.iso then added some programs and then did a System Image on an external hard drive. I no longer have that usb and tried to recreate another along with a bootable dvd but neither would boot up, I was stuck using the HP Recovery Discs...trust me for two days I wrestled with it...gave up and went with the four discs and was able to put another OS in.

Now the 64 thousand dollar question...will I be able to take that older System Image and apply it to this newer slightly different HP bloatware install?

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I misread your answer (duh) yeah hopefully with the hp os restore that defaults to RaidX upon install the system image I created using AHCI for a SSD drive won't make that big of difference.