[SOLVED] OS SSD is not recognized, Asus ROG b550-F Wi-Fi

Mar 5, 2021
Hello,
Bought Ryzen 7 5800x CPU and compatible Mobo to replace i7-7700K.
Installed those and updated BIOS from usb to be compatible.
BIOS didn't recognize my ssd where windows was installed -> legacy mode ->windows installation completed with same ssd. Documents etc. kept there

Then restarted, BIOS "enter to setup screen" appears. Only way to access OS disk is to force boot to it but it won't do it automatically.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I got my fresh install done, updated windows in desktop and so on, still cannot boot directly to OS even if there is boot manager assigned to OS disk.

Any tips?
Did you have other disks connected when you did the install? If so that can be the problem. The Windows installer is pretty stupid about that. Have JUST the SSD connected and do a custom install. Wipe the partition(s) on the SSD and do an install.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
Bought Ryzen 7 5800x CPU and compatible Mobo to replace i7-7700K.
Installed those and updated BIOS from usb to be compatible.
BIOS didn't recognize my ssd where windows was installed -> legacy mode ->windows installation completed with same ssd. Documents etc. kept there

Then restarted, BIOS "enter to setup screen" appears. Only way to access OS disk is to force boot to it but it won't do it automatically.

How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance!
If you didn't do a clean OS install, there are no guarantees of booting. Moving from one motherboard to another, especially Intel to AMD, requires a clean OS install.

Reactions: Juhiz9
Mar 5, 2021
I got my fresh install done, updated windows in desktop and so on, still cannot boot directly to OS even if there is boot manager assigned to OS disk.

Any tips?

kanewolf

Titan

Any tips?
Did you have other disks connected when you did the install? If so that can be the problem. The Windows installer is pretty stupid about that. Have JUST the SSD connected and do a custom install. Wipe the partition(s) on the SSD and do an install.

Solution