OS will not Boot

Gilbert23m

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hey guys, I built a purpose built gaming computer recently and all went according to plan. System booted up, loaded windows, all drivers, stress tested and all was good. CPU and GPU temps were well within spec, CPU never went above 36*C and GPU never went above 64*C. System ran without a hitch for 3 weeks.
I was using it to just watch videos and the system crashed. No BSOD or any other errors, just black screen and reboot. The system would boot up fine, return to windows and fail within 2 minutes of booting up. So I tried reinstalling Windows 10. Windows shut down, reinstalled, then booted. reinstall failed and went back to old configuration. So then I tried to format and clean install windows. Now all I get is black screen and reboot when windows tries to load. (rolling balls screen and flashes blank blue windows boot screen and reboot). Same thing happens when trying to boot from DVD or USB. I am able to enter bios no problem. I removed my GPU and tried with Onboard graphics, no change, changed memory sticks around, no change, Phoned ASUS and ran through all possible Bios settings, no luck. I downloaded Hirens boot cd and can get into the Linux system, although the windows XP system freezes during boot. I reformatted my sdd to ntfs and tried again, no luck. tested my memory, both good. I am about to pull my hair out on this one. I did find a small amount of thermal paste leaked onto my MB processor pins, but I gently cleaned things off and rebooted with no luck. Any ideas?

i5-6600k
Asus z170-a Motherboard
ASUS GTX 1070 Strix OC GPU
2 - 8GB Kingston Hyperx Fury DDR4 2666Mhz
Samsung Evo 850 256GB SSD
WD Blue 1T HDD