OS (Windows) only boots in UEFI

adeland

Commendable
Aug 16, 2018
Hi,
I recently installed Windows 10 on my old laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 3531) (I didn't used it for 2 years), but it don't seems to boot automatically. It shows an error: "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to continue or reboot the machine." The only way I found to get it boot is to select the hard drive under UEFI BOOT in the boot menu ("HDD1-Windows Boot Manger"). I also installed Windows from UEFI because the flash drive was not able to boot too showing the same message.

Thanks.

Solution
Yea, it can happen usually when you have multiple Storage drives connected when installing windows, because windows Boot manager send the Boot info to some other drive and uses the drive you picked to hold the files. you can try to reinstall windows with only the boot drive inside. had a similar problem on a Lenovo notebook because of my USB had 2 partitions, and windows put the Boot on USB drive. Try windows startup repair maybe that can fix it, if not reinstall windows.

Hope it helps
Regards

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Yea, it can happen usually when you have multiple Storage drives connected when installing windows, because windows Boot manager send the Boot info to some other drive and uses the drive you picked to hold the files. you can try to reinstall windows with only the boot drive inside. had a similar problem on a Lenovo notebook because of my USB had 2 partitions, and windows put the Boot on USB drive. Try windows startup repair maybe that can fix it, if not reinstall windows.

Hope it helps
Regards

Solution