Question OSD appearing randomly on screen

Aug 27, 2019
Hello , so i found a monitor ( Philips 190wv) that's clearly in better shape than mine , i fixed the plastic support holding the monitor up , plugged it in but the monitor keeps turning the luminosity up and down randomly by itself , i locked the OSD and now i get OSD controls locked message on screen at random it appears and disappears , now i know that i either fix it or just cut the cables inside the monitor for the buttons , i opened the monitor up and i have no clue which wires are wich buttons , since i don't really want to disable the power button just the rest , there are 6 cables and 5 buttons , i assume 1 cable is for the little light on the power button. Any advices on how to either stop the OSD menu to pop up or which cables are which?
Edit: Solved , i opened the monitor and cut the wires leading to the OSD buttons.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't tamper with the wires if I were you. The reason that monitor was chucked away was due to this issue. Now if anything, the cables might not even be the issue, perhaps it's the PCB or the buttons on the PCB to manage the settings.

Aug 27, 2019
I wouldn't tamper with the wires if I were you. The reason that monitor was chucked away was due to this issue. Now if anything, the cables might not even be the issue, perhaps it's the PCB or the buttons on the PCB to manage the settings.
I removed the buttons yet the problem is still there.
I'm not sure what else i can do tho , i do have another monitor just in case so i'm not really afraid of braking it or smth. Just not sure how to deal with this problem.