Other components temperatures after installing new CPU cooler

Ztraider

Reputable
May 13, 2014
Hello all,

I installed a new cooler (cooler master hyper tx3 evo) and it works fine, under load max temp. was 58C. My motherboard is Biostar a780l3c and there was no chance to install it in a way that Fan faces RAM, instead fans face the graphic card and blow outside towards PSU (PSU is on the top). I guess that method increased the GPU temps. My GPU temp. in idle was 60C (using ATI 5450 with PASSIVE COOLING) but now its 68C in idle.
Is it because i don't have exhaust fan on back of the case to take out the air from CPU cooler because the air is "collecting" itself inside the case?. Will buying a fan fix it a bit? If i buy the new fan how do I turn it so that it exhaust, or does it not matter?

Solution
I got worried when you said that there isn't a single fan in your case. Yes, a fan in your case (PUN) will help. Front of case needs intake, rear or top shall be exhaust.

Plug in your fan (Don't mount it first), whether it is a 3 pin or 4 pin Molex, power on your PC and put your hand over the fan and you can then find out how to mount it without accidentally turning the front of the case an exhaust.

dottorrent

Honorable
I got worried when you said that there isn't a single fan in your case. Yes, a fan in your case (PUN) will help. Front of case needs intake, rear or top shall be exhaust.

Plug in your fan (Don't mount it first), whether it is a 3 pin or 4 pin Molex, power on your PC and put your hand over the fan and you can then find out how to mount it without accidentally turning the front of the case an exhaust.

Solution