Question Other PC's can access CPU A, but CPU A can't access any CPU's on network

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
I added a new PC to our WORKGROUP and all the other PC's on the network can access the shared folders on PC A, but PC A cannot access any shared folders on any other PC. They all ask for credentials, we don't use credentials, credential manager is disabled on all PC's, all my advanced sharing options are correct. I've started all function discovery services, SSDP, UPnP device host on all PC's and allowed blank passwords in all local security policy. Can anyone help? I've also tried disabling antivirus and firewall on all PC's. All PC's are all up to date with Windows 10 pro updates.

Last edited:

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Check to make sure you have the same version of smb working on all of them. Also, try accessing the other systems by IP address versus netbios name.
I don't know how to make sure the same version of smb is working on them, I went to control panel, turn programs & features on/off, and then made sure SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support is checked and also SMB Direct. I am able to ping all of the PC's from the PC I am trying to connect to the network.

stickerhed

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
If all of them have the same version smb and are able to ping each other you should be able to use the ip address in explorer to hit each others' shares.
I'm still not able to access the other computers, but all the computers can access me. I can ping the other computers, but it says the security polices won't let an unauthenticated user access.