Other players appear to be warping/teleporting/rubberbanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerfm0nk3y

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Hi All,

Ive come here as a last resort in the hope someone can help.

As of about 2 weeks ago I started experiencing an issue where all other players in game (CSGO, H1Z1 and GTA V) appear to be rubberbanding/warping/teleporting around.. From my point of view I move around the map without issue. It makes it very hard to shoot anyone. It sometimes seems worse the other times.

Ive got a video in the link below that should hopefully give you a better understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuQm9syKFck

This is happening on 3 separate PC's in my household, all are well spec'd, 1 of which is brand new i built on the weekend.

Heres what ive done so far;

- I did speedtests and am getting about 15mbps download and 1mbps Upload with about 27ms ping. This is fine as far as I know.
- I originally played on wifi, so for trouble shooting i moved my PC closer to the router so I could plug in with ethernet. This didnt fix it
- I then purchased a new router (DLINK AC1750)... This didnt Fix It
- Called ISP and explained the issue. They did line tests and told me there was no issue identified from there end.
- Ive done tests for Packet loss. No evidence of packet loss.
- I then decided to tether my iphones 4G internet to my PC (10mbps Download, 1mbps Upload, 40ping) and the issue was still there!!!!

So 3 different PC's, 2 different internet connections and still no luch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

bigbossyousef

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
If you move fine then I think the problem is with other players connection if your connection is the problem then you will be the one wrapping around if you can chat with another player ask him how is your movement looking like to him if he replys that your movement looks smooth and OK then its not your connection that causing the problem it's there's
try another server

Sakata

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
Well it doesn't seem to be you, unless you have some odd physical condition that Butthurt players claim to actually have. (you have it they don't) or it is on someone elses side.

nerfm0nk3y

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

In the video I had a friend with me and he said my movement is fine. I just struggle to understand why this is happening every game, every server and every player i see in game.

bigbossyousef

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
But in your YouTube video description you said only this game causes this problem

Long story short;

- Other players appear to rubberbanding/Warping

- Only Started about 2 weeks ago (Been playing this game for approx. 3 months no issues til now)
- Only this game
- 3 Different PC's (one brand New)
- Brand New Router
- Different Internet/Network Connections (Mine, A friends House and 4G Telstra)
- Tried Both Wifi Ethernet
- 3 Different Internet

nerfm0nk3y

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Sorry, was only that game at the time.. I should have updated it. Definitley happens in CSGO and GTA.

bigbossyousef

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

bigbossyousef

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Also play through Ethernet and disable WiFi turn the router WiFi off
Disconnect any other Ethernet cables from the router other than the cable going to your computer and try playing online again
So now we know the problem is not coming from the game it self its ether someone interfering with your network like any one using the network other than you
or the router is just not good enough make sure the Ethernet cable is cat 6 because cat 6 supports gigabit Ethernet
Make sure the cable from your computer to the router is as short as possible and if your router receives the DSL signal through a phone line make sure the cable going from the street socket box to your router or splitter has no joints or in other meaning is one piece without reattaches and make sure the cat 6 cable is good quality my advice is to get a new Ethernet cat 6 cable from a nearby shop tell him you want a good quality cable also you may change the cable going from your router to the socket box in the street make sure its in one piece
I will look more into the problem and report back to you

nerfm0nk3y

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Okay, Sorry about the delay in getting back to you!

So I reconnected my 4G card (Download ~40mbps Upload ~10mbps Ping 20ms) and the rubber banding issue is 1000 times better, actually its not really there at all, more like it used to be.

So I contacted my ADSL ISP and explained that its fine on 4G. Ive done some captures with wireshark and Its clear that there is a whole lot more "Bad TCP" whilst capturing the ADSL Traffic. On 4G the Bad TCP is very very minimal.

Problem is, im no expert on wireshark and not really able to understand what its telling me.. All I know is there is a lot of BAD TCP (Black and Red)

Ive explained this to my ISP, they said they were going to reconfigure my port and see if that solves the issue, but it hasnt.

nerfm0nk3y

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Okay, Sorry about the delay in getting back to you!

So I reconnected my 4G card (Download ~40mbps Upload ~10mbps Ping 20ms) and the rubber banding issue is 1000 times better, actually its not really there at all, more like it used to be.

So I contacted my ADSL ISP and explained that its fine on 4G. Ive done some captures with wireshark and Its clear that there is a whole lot more "Bad TCP" whilst capturing the ADSL Traffic. On 4G the Bad TCP is very very minimal.

Problem is, im no expert on wireshark and not really able to understand what its telling me.. All I know is there is a lot of BAD TCP (Black and Red)

Ive explained this to my ISP, they said they were going to reconfigure my port and see if that solves the issue, but it hasnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS