Question Other things to listen to/watch other than Twitch ?

madne$$

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Hello Members,

Ive been a long term user for the platform Twitch since 2017 I think it was.
I am coming to the end of the the enjoyment for it because of the BS, Drama and Toxic stuff that happens on the platform.
I watch it for background noise, Speed runs and entertainment. I generally refuse to watch normal Television and News.
I also like Twitch for the long streams people are live for I dont have to change anything because they are on for 3-8 hrs or more.

If I do watch anything itll be Tv shows and Movies on Netflix, Amazon etc.

I am a heavily Introverted person then likes spending time on his PC sometimes too much at times.
I had my eye on "Podcasts" but I am new to this area and are they any good? where to start?

I wish there was another option other then Twitch or wish Youtube gaming was easier to use sometimes its hard to find people or streamers on that.

Any thoughts people?

Thanks people and I don't blame you for saying "Find another Hobby" or get a life lol.

Thanks for reading and replying in due time.
Madne$$

I watch it for background noise...................I also like Twitch for the long streams people are live for I dont have to change anything because they are on for 3-8 hrs or more.

I had my eye on "Podcasts" but I am new to this area and are they any good? where to start?

There is binge watching and then there is binge listening. I have some form of audio going nearly all of my waking hours.

I have no idea what twitch is.

TV: Have you exhausted or rejected whatever is offered on the likes of Sling or Roku?

I find myself often listening to the audio track of TV stuff on Sling in the background as if it were radio...not even viewing the visual content.

Re radio: are you familiar with these; some live and some podcasts:

Or this; thousands of radio stations worldwide, live:

http://radio.garden/listen/kgoradio/imWr429F

Re podcasts. There are thousands. I'd say pick a topic in which you have some significant personal interest....true crime, baseball, UFOs......and then pound Google for related podcasts. Most of them will be pathetic and unlistenable, so you'll waste considerable time....which you may have a lot of.

madne$$

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks everyone for your input and answers loved them all. Some great suggestions there.
Thanks for all the links too I will check them all out. At work so sorry about late replies and all.

TRENDING THREADS