[SOLVED] Other Ways to Turn on a PC?

Denganim20

Commendable
Jun 29, 2017
Basically I have a faulty power button. Randomly I can hear it click like it's being pressed and it will shut off the PC. I know for a fact the power button is causing this. Temps are all ok and there are no issues of any kind. Anyway, I can unplug the power button switch from the mobo to fix this issue, but I would then need other ways to boot the PC. I know you can jump the mobo but I am looking for simplier ways to where I don't have to open the case and such. I tried wake on LAN and it worked but recently my ethernet port died so I am using an ethernet to usb 3.0 adapter instead. Wake up on LAN refuses to work with that. So, are their any other methods to make the PC boot other than a power button? I also have messed with waking up the PC by a mouse or keyboard but my PC dosen't seem to work with that in practice. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
any momentary switch spliced into the wires for that broken on/off will work. Alternately you can use any other switch on the front...so if you have one that changes led color you could disconnect reconnect...you could use your reset switch too, but then lose what may be an important feature on it's own.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
any momentary switch spliced into the wires for that broken on/off will work. Alternately you can use any other switch on the front...so if you have one that changes led color you could disconnect reconnect...you could use your reset switch too, but then lose what may be an important feature on it's own.

Solution

Denganim20

Commendable
Jun 29, 2017
Would it be safe to use a reset switch to power up the PC? I have only ever seen it used for emergency situations only such as a PC freezing up.