Question Others can't see me on network but I can see them ?

Mugsy

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
I have an odd problem that's the opposite of everything I find when searching for the answer online:

I have a small home network (a primary desktop Win11 PC, an older backup Win10 PC and a Win10 tablet. I can see the Win10 computers on my Win11 network, but they can't see me. 😕

I've gone thru my Win11 network settings and everything appears to be in order: I don't think Windows10 computers simply can't see Win11 computers. That would be dumb.

My network is up & functioning, and I am Sharing 8 different drives and/or folders. The other computers are connected to the network over WiFi.

I actually CAN access my Win11 computer from my Win10 PCs by "cheating"... I put a shortcut on each PC referencing remote drives by name with full network path. This permits me to manually copy/view files between computers, but not run apps or access them from other programs.

I'm guessing this is some sort of "firewall" issue, but I don't know what to change. I don't want to make my computer vulnerable just so it appears on the network.

Any ideas? TIA

Mugsy

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
Is your network set to public instead of private?

Thx for the reply.

win11-network.jpg