Otherworldly journey

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

What happen if i cast a otherworldly journey on an activated genju ?

Thanx

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

My guess is that the creature will come back as a +1/+1 plains..and the
enchentement fall off....am i correct ?
"Mjolnir" <dalung007@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
7FZZd.84721$WM1.2244168@wagner.videotron.net...
> What happen if i cast a otherworldly journey on an activated genju ?
>
> Thanx

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy,rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

Mjolnir wrote:

> What happen if i cast a otherworldly journey on an activated genju ?
>
> Thanx

This really belongs in rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules. Followups
set.

I presume you mean you cast it on the land enchanted by the activated
genju. You can't case OJ on the genju, because it's an enchantment,
not a creature.

What happens is your land is removed from the game. The Genju enchantment,
no longer having a subject, goes to the graveyard. Since the land didn't
go to the graveyard, you don't get the Genju back. The land comes back at
the end of the turn and gets a +1/+1 counter, which won't do much unless you
come up with another way to turn it into a creature again.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

Mjolnir <dalung007@hotmail.com> wrote:
>What happen if i cast a otherworldly journey on an activated genju ?

Rules questions go over in .rules, not here on .strategy (this group is a
place for "How good an idea is it to do this / I'm trying to build a deck
around doing this, what else do I need?").

You can't cast it on the Genju itself - we don't have a way, at present, to
animate a local enchantment and keep it in play, since creatures can't be
attached to other creatures (except for S.N.O.T. of course).

If you meant to ask what happens if you cast it on the animated land that the
Genju is attached to? The land gets removed from the game; the Genju goes to
the graveyard a moment later, as a state-based effect, and its ability does
NOT trigger, so it stays in the graveyard. The land's animation effect ends
the moment it leaves play; in your RFG zone it's just this land card. It will
come back to play under your control during the next End phase's end-of-turn
step, with a +1/+1 counter on it. +1/+1 counters don't mean much to non-
creatures, but it'll be there in case you manage to make the land into a
creature again somehow.

Dave