Our laptop can't run anything, and my parents won't get a new PC/Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2018
The laptop we have has a 100 GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 4000 and a 1.9 GHz i5 CPU.
With this I can't even have more than 1 game at a time, since only 45 GB of space is free. And the most annoying issue is that I get frame rates of 10 - 20 fps in games like CS:GO, which means it's unplayable.
Furthermore, I use blender for modelling and animation, I rendered a 7 second animation which took 22 hours to render at 720p. I can never use blender to its full potential if it stops responding every time I try and move my cursor.

My parents always say buy a computer yourself when you go to college, how can I convince them that with a new computer a lot of my frustrations will be gone and by doing so I'll be able to spend less time gaming?

subterminal303

Commendable
Oct 13, 2017
Coughing up $1,000 for a new computer may not fit into your parent's budget. Are you old enough to get a job? If so, get a part time job, and after a month or two you'll have enough money to build a sweet computer. If you're not old enough, you can find gigs on Craigslist for local folks like shoveling snow, hauling dirt, helping people move, etc. Gigs will 100% pay better than a steady job and you can probably save up in a few weeks. They can be harder to find though, and generally are manual labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.