[SOLVED] Out of Memory

Nov 29, 2021
I had a computer, and it crashed sometimes, so i had to restart him, it worked for some hours before crashing. So i bought a new one this year, but i kept the graphic card from my old computer. And the problem continued, today after 3~ hours (if i play something), or some 4-4,5 hours if i only have google chrome open with youtube/netflix, etc, is just crashs the computer, i cant do anything, any command, as have to restart the computer to use it for more 3-4 hours before having to restart again, while playing games i dont get a especific error message, the only one i got is Out of Memory on the google chrome, the computer dont crash instantly, but i basicly cant open any program, and in some minutes it just crashes. As all my pc is new, only the graphic card being old, i am almost sure its the problem, but have no idea how to fix, and found nothing linked to out of memory and graphic cards

My graphic card is a radeon R9 280

Solution
Failure over a time smacks of a temperature issue.
What is the make/model of your cpu cooler.
What is the make/model of your case?
What is your fan arrangement?

Run a temperature monitoring app such as HWmonitor or realtemp.
For starters, your idle temperature should be in the range of 10-15c. over ambient.
If you ever see 100c. you have throttled and slowed down; possibly shut down.

This can happen increasingly with aio coolers.
Either the pump gathers debris or air intrudes into the system. They do not last forever.

Any system needs a good source of fresh air to keep the cpu cooler and graphics card temperatures under control.
Nov 29, 2021
Full system spec of new PC, please.
Intel Core i5-10400 Hexa-Core 2.9Ghz
Asus ROG Strix B460-H Gaming
Memory Team Group T-Force Dark Z 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3000MHz

All new pieces - i am using windows 10, but on the older computer i had win 7 and have a similar problem, had the crashes, but never saw the Out of memory message on the older PC

Nov 29, 2021
What is the make/model of all of your parts?
In particular the ram.
My guess is that you need 16gb of ram and a 64 bit os.

Already have the 16gb ram, and its 64 bit

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
My graphic card is a radeon R9 280

Looks like you might be asking to much out of that setup with that gpu, I would use a TrdLevel or Powerlevel registry fix to solve that.

But your going to have to make sure your power supply is up to spec.

Nov 29, 2021
I can play anything i want, with no problem, i can go to BF4 with very high graphics, no lag, no FPS problems, works perfectly, it just crashes the computer 3~ hours after i turn him on, i restart him and can use normally for more 3 hours, its really strange, i

Nov 29, 2021
Chrome is a notorious user of ram.
Multiple chrome windows is more so.
i know, but even with just 1 Chrome window, or even using others, like firefox, it will eventually crash, its not like i open too much thing and it outpass the limits of the hardware, its like its accumulating something, somehow while i play/watch videos and in 3-4 hours gets its limit and crash

i know, but even with just 1 Chrome window, or even using others, like firefox, it will eventually crash, its not like i open too much thing and it outpass the limits of the hardware, its like its accumulating something, somehow while i play/watch videos and in 3-4 hours gets its limit and crash
Some apps, and perhaps games can have a storage leak.
Look at the apps or games you run and search for ram leak on them.

Nov 29, 2021
Some apps, and perhaps games can have a storage leak.
Look at the apps or games you run and search for ram leak on them.
It happens with everything, i can play some 15 years old game on a N64 simulator, can play League of legends with very low graphics, there is no way i can keep the computer working withouth crashing for more tham 4 hours. Maybe if i turn him on and open nothing, let only the desktop screen, maybe it will avoid crash for some more hours, dont tested this

Failure over a time smacks of a temperature issue.
What is the make/model of your cpu cooler.
What is the make/model of your case?
What is your fan arrangement?

Run a temperature monitoring app such as HWmonitor or realtemp.
For starters, your idle temperature should be in the range of 10-15c. over ambient.
If you ever see 100c. you have throttled and slowed down; possibly shut down.

This can happen increasingly with aio coolers.
Either the pump gathers debris or air intrudes into the system. They do not last forever.

Any system needs a good source of fresh air to keep the cpu cooler and graphics card temperatures under control.

Solution
i got is Out of Memory on the google chrome, the computer dont crash instantly, but i basicly cant open any program, and in some minutes it just crashes.
Can you show photo of the error?
What are virtual memory settings on your pc? Can you show screenshot of the settings?
ControlPanel\System\Advanced System Settings\Advanced\Performance\Settings\Advanced\VirtualMemory\Change
(upload to imgur.com and post link)