Apr 26, 2022
So, sometimes when I've got a lot of chrome pages open my browser will say it is out of memory and will stop responding. The thing is, I have 16gbs of ram and when I check the task manager it states that only half of that is being used.

Also, when I'm gaming and using discord, sometimes discord will crash after a match for a couple of seconds and go back to normal.

What is happening?

Solution
So, sometimes when I've got a lot of chrome pages open my browser will say it is out of memory and will stop responding. The thing is, I have 16gbs of ram and when I check the task manager it states that only half of that is being used.
How much pages is that?
Check Task manager on Chrome ram usage value. If chrome install is 32bit, then it will not be able to use more than 2GB of ram (or 4GB in some situations).

You could open half of pages in chrome, other half in firefox - for example.
How much pages is that?
Check Task manager on Chrome ram usage value. If chrome install is 32bit, then it will not be able to use more than 2GB of ram (or 4GB in some situations).

You could open half of pages in chrome, other half in firefox - for example.

Solution

Also, when I'm gaming and using discord, sometimes discord will crash after a match for a couple of seconds and go back to normal.

What is happening?
You may have 16GB of ram but how much ram does windows see?