Question out of ram/gou may be broken win10 error

reaper211

Prominent
Mar 19, 2018
I have a msi 2080ti and 16gb ram. I had chrome, spotify, discord, fan controller and aragami open and i randomly got an error saying something like "youre either out of memory or your gpu may be broken". As it popped up everything besides the game crashed and started back up but very glitchy-like, the toolbar also froze up and wasn't updating what was open (Hovered over the game's icon in the toolbar and the preview was showing chrome instead of the game). I rebooted my pc and everything is fine currently but is my gpu really failing? I did also get 2 black screens within around 30 seconds. I wouldnt think it was my ram being the issue but im not sure. Ive never received this error before, this pc was built not even 2 months ago with light load nearly the entire time

CPU: Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard: Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Ram: 16 GB
SSD/HDD: (Dont know the names) 220GB SSD / 2TB HDD
GPU: MSI 2080 TI Gaming X Trio
PSU: EVGA 750w
Chassis: Bootleg InWin805i that I cant recall the name of but full tower

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? - Yes

Last edited:

reaper211

Prominent
Mar 19, 2018
Please try to find precise error message. That one doesn't help.
I wish I could be more precise but thats all I had seen, the error message was short and said what i stated in the post, it said youre either out of memory or your gpu may be broken and some other filler words. I cant find the same error message when i search it up either, even something similar. I just get directed to "is your GPU failing?" with nothing about the error being brought up