Mar 10, 2019
So i just build my pc, and ive been having an issue, it doesnt happen often maybe once a day. But im running 2 monitors, one old one i got years ago a 720p 17 inch 60hz monitor and one new on 1080p 144hz monitor, the new one will randomly shut off and in a grey box itle say "out of range" if i hit the power on the monitor and turn it back on its fine for a while, the second monitor stays on and the pc doesnt do anything at all it stays the same, ik its not a heat issue cause my gpu never goes above 70c on full load and cpu never breaks 51c, i have scoured the net and cant find an answer. Please help.

Andrei N

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
I don't know for sure but it might be caused by the analogue connection of the DVI-I. If you have DVI-D and using a DVI-I cable it might also be an issue.
Does this happen if you only connect the new monitor ?

Mar 10, 2019
So i tried withought my second monitor for a while, worked fine for a while so i hooked it back up luanched warframe, and hit alt tab to chek discord, and it turned my main monitor off right after. This all happened right after hooking my second monitor back up.

I looked at the specs of the monitors and the Dell one is really nice. Shouldn't have any problems but for some reason it is.
Do you run AMD software of Nvidia?
I am sure its to do with the 720 monitor. But that needs to be set at a fixed 60hz.
The dell one should go all the way down to about 35hz up to 144.

Since where I am now, I don't run a dual monitor system, but how easy is it in your software to fix the frequency?
Are you using any adaptors or just cable with no adaptors?