"out of sync" error

messkell

Distinguished
May 6, 2002
I receive a "out of sync range" error for my monitor when shutting my pc system down.

this only occurs after I play a game, such as half-life, quake3, and try to shut the system down any time
afterwards.

if I don't play any of these types of games on the system, and later shut the system down, the error does
not occur.

any help is appreciated.

mike
messkell@hotmail.com

system components
-------------------
cpu/processor
-------------
AMD ATHLON THUNDERBIRD 950MHz Socket A PGA

motherboard
-----------
ECS K7S5A SiS® 735 SOCKET A MOTHERBOARD

EA=000795574107

(uses sis 735 chipset which supports 4xAGP)

graphics card
-------------
VISIONTEK Xtasy 5632 GEFORCE2 GTS-V 4X/2X 32MB DDR

cpu fan
-------
Speeze BigRock II 5T060B1H3T Ball bearing Support up to Intel P3 Tualatin ~2.2GHz AMD Athlon XP~1700+ **AMD Recommended** CPU FAN

monitor
-------
Samsung syncmaster 955SL(T)

Operating System
----------------
WIN95 4.0.0.950 B

memory
------
192 mb ram

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
dont know much about your specific hardware but i can explain why that error might be occuring.

In your advanced graphics cards settings there's a Monitor refresh speed option. This generally ranges from 60 to 100 or 120Hz. Check what yours is set at and if its at higher than 85 try lowering it. If its at 60 or below try raising it to around 80. In all likelyhood your monitor is having a problem with the refresh rate of your graphics adapter at whatever resolutions your playing games at, the way your problem is manefesting is kind of funny, but play with those refresh settings and see if it helps. If you hit apply after changing the refresh rate and you immediately get an out of sync error, hit esc multiple times then wait. It'll back out and reset to what it was before.

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Operating System
----------------
WIN95 4.0.0.950 B
There's your problem most likely. Microsoft hasn't been supporting 95 for at least 2 years now, so it could be a problem with Direct X and 95 dealing with refresh rates on your monitor (That causes the out of sync).

I want to be your Opteron... Why don't you call my name - Peter Gabriel?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Operating System
----------------
WIN95 4.0.0.950 B
There's your problem most likely. Microsoft hasn't been supporting 95 for at least 2 years now, so it could be a problem with Direct X and 95 dealing with refresh rates on your monitor (That causes the out of sync).

I want to be your Opteron... Why don't you call my name - Peter Gabriel?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
good point, you might check your refresh rate too, bront-) hehe.

Nothing is supported on win 95 anymore, no one cares about it, and no one bothers to make ANYTHING compatible with it now....update time-)

nVidiot: Message board Troll employed by nVidia to terrorize aTidiots.

TRENDING THREADS