Outdated PC in need of newer graffix card

squall82

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
OK here goes all laugh at me with this:
i got a pc built for me bout 6 years ago and not updated anything on it and my card has just died on me and need of cheap replacement ><
my PC specs are...
Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHZ, 2GB ram graffix card currently using is an Asus 7800GTX(was) (i know really old) not sure what other stuff you may need other than need of new card is to mainly play online games ie: Final fantasy XI (and XIV when it comes out) thats the main use of my PC since i got it thanks in advance for any help

Well with that video card i presume it's a PCI-e card and not a AGP card. Which means any PCI-E graphic's card will work on that motherboard. Although that cpu may hold back most of today's graphic cards.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=GT+9600&x=0&y=0

The 9600 GT maybe your best card that will work for you without the cpu holding it back (at least to much anyways. )

Anything higher and you'll need a more powerful cpu (like the core i5 and phenom II) to fully use the latest cards.