Outdoor Alfa 24dbi help

blong10

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
I was looking to hook up this outdoor antenna. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K2I70E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&
smid=A2LM6ZPY06LT1N

Would this weatherproof cable hook directly to this antenna and to my little alfa awus036h and from the alfa plug the usb into my laptop if this makes any sense

CABLE http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FICJ8S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

\So here is what I am looking to do exactly. Put the antenna outdoor and use the cable to connect directly in to the alfa awus036h from the antenna and then use the usb from the alfa to a laptop.

And is there any way I could hook up a router somehow to this setup

You links are not correct but if you are looking at any 24dbi it likely is a parabolic and plus some form of microwave cable.

If you get the correct connectors it will work but this is the old way to do this...especially if you want to hook it to a router.

In most cases something like a ubiquiti airgrid will cost about the same and you get a integrated wireless device you can hook to anything that takes ethernet. You can also look at products from engenius that tend to be even cheaper but are not as high db.

Even if you were to go with a large outdoor antenna it is extremely uncommon to use mircowave cable to connect them. They sell outdoor radios that attach directly to the back of the antenna. Thing the ubiquiti bullet would attach directly to the back of those 24db antenna. These can easily exceed the maximum legal power.

The use of antenna attached via cable is going out of style as technology improves. Even cell towers mount the electronics inside the antenna enclosures, gone are the days of the microwave cable that is 3 inches around running down the tower.

Pretty much as I suspected even with the links. You will lose 6db or maybe a little more of your signal with that cable. You get what you pay for with microwave cable. The cable you link is only lmr200.

So for about the same price you can get a 20db gain ubiqutii airgrid that can hook directly to your router.

blong10

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
I don't have a router this is for a camp with the neighbor wifi about .5 miles just want to know if everything will fit together like will the cable connect to a alfa awus036h from the antenna