Outdoor cameras

gta1216

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
I am looking to install a camera in the front and back of our house, but I do not want to run any wires. I am thinking of dome-shaped with pan and tilt and solar panel so I don't have to worry about power. Does anyone know of any outdoor cameras that have the following features?

• Pan and tilt
  • Solar Panel
  • Wifi capable
  • Mobile app to view and control movement
  • Wire-free
  • No monthly subscription
  • SD card (preferred stored indoor such as with a hub)

I am currently considering the Reolink Argus PT, but I read that the quality is not so good.

USAFRet

Titan
I have 2x Reolink, wired, PoE.
RLC-423

Considering 2 more, one on each corner of the house for full 360 coverage.

The quality of the cameras and app is outstanding.
I can just about read a license plate from 150 feet, at midnight.

It is literally sensitive enough to pick up stars and/or Venus at night.

For me, though...WiFi and security cameras are diametrically opposed.
All wired for me.

My front camera came into play just this morning. The neighbors had a weird issue with supposed delivery persons, blah blah.

gta1216

Reputable
Oct 16, 2019
I just checked with our HOA, and we cannot drill holes in the walls to run cables. I guess wireless cameras are the only option.

I am considering the Soliom S600, but the only problem is I cannot download the videos from a SD card.

I just checked with our HOA, and we cannot drill holes in the walls to run cables.

How are you mounting these if you cant drill holes? Most cameras you can drill a hole right behind the baseplate and run the wire in form there so you never see wires.

When i mounted mine i mounted them to the soffit with the wire going directly into the attic.