[SOLVED] Outdoor LTE Modem for Manila, Philippines

illikrineis

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello! Obviously, I know nothing about modems. I recently purchased a Globe at Home Prepaid Wifi [I travel often]. It came with a ZLT P25 modem. I would like to get another as a backup at work since our DSL is from the devil there. I would like to get an outdoor modem so I can get a better signal. So far I've been advised to purchase a Comfast EW-71 or Comfast EW-72 or a Comfast CF-E7 modem. The three friends who advised me have never used these so am hesitant to invest in a modem that will end up in storage. Any suggestions? I will be using a Globe LTE Sim. Thank you so much for your help.

Solution
I don't know if you've noticed it but the three devices you've listed are all Access Points, meaning they broadcast a signal to other wireless devices like your laptop and or your mobile phone, they do not accept input from outside sources nor do they improve signal strength of your modem.

If anything you're probably asking around for a better/higher gain modem/router that you've purchased..., correct?

Xiaomi make a ZMI 4G router, that might interest you.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't know if you've noticed it but the three devices you've listed are all Access Points, meaning they broadcast a signal to other wireless devices like your laptop and or your mobile phone, they do not accept input from outside sources nor do they improve signal strength of your modem.

If anything you're probably asking around for a better/higher gain modem/router that you've purchased..., correct?

Xiaomi make a ZMI 4G router, that might interest you.

Solution