[SOLVED] Outemu Browns or Outemu Reds for Gaming?

francisnicolas622

Reputable
Oct 19, 2017
Im planning to buy a tecware phantom rgb tkl but im having a hard time picking if outemu brown or reds. I've search up and look't up the sound test and the red seems to be so scratchy like you can here the spring and kind of to the brown as well and the problems i heard about the browns is the pushback when you press it. Its gonna be my first time using a red or brown switches and i know that its gonna be personal preference but i really cant choose one i have tried the outemu blue's already and im not a big fan of it cause of its actuation force and the super clicky sounds. Im actually planning to go for the red for the softness of it but when i hear the sound test its kind of a turn off so im so confuse right now which one to buy.

Thank you in Advance.

Solution
As you already said, it's personal preference. I like the browns a bit more myself than red switches. The red switches I used don't sound bad at all, but they were MX Red not Uutemu's. My son's keyboard has Outemu Brown and I like those better. Buy from Amazon or someplace with a good return policy, get both and return the one you don't like as much. Or sell locally.
As you already said, it's personal preference. I like the browns a bit more myself than red switches. The red switches I used don't sound bad at all, but they were MX Red not Uutemu's. My son's keyboard has Outemu Brown and I like those better. Buy from Amazon or someplace with a good return policy, get both and return the one you don't like as much. Or sell locally.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019
It's up to preference.

I have a Phantom TKL (great keyboard btw) with Outemu reds, and they don't feel or sound obnoxiously scratchy, and reds are some of the better switches for gaming. If you really don't want blues though, I'd base my decision off of feel.

Browns are tactile, they will feel like blues but a little easier to press, while reds wil have no tactile bump, and will be even lighter to the touch. I personally am partial to the reds as I can't imagine using tactile keys that are quiet. Browns are slightly louder than reds, but the only real sound you'll hear is the sound of keys bottoming out and popping back up.

In the end, try to test the switches and buy what you prefer. If you don't get to, I'm sure you'll end up making a choice you won't regret.