[SOLVED] Outemu switch type difference (and or it's importance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
(Cross post from reddit to get my answer hopefully more quickly)

I'm planning on buying on a pack of new Outemu Brown switches and came across 2 types, one with what seems to be a dust guard and the other without one.
And so I've started to wonder what the difference in feel would be between these two types because the one with no guard is $5-10 cheaper than the one with the guard, presumably the one with no guard would feel more wobbly or at least would have a bit more keycap wobble, if anyone has something like these 2 different types of switches and could tell me what the difference in feel is, that'd be great.

Also, I'm more about the difference in feel rather than the fact that there's no dust shield considering I keep my keyboard relatively clean and my room isn't a construction site filled with dust.

(See image for reference)

https://prnt.sc/xa5qb5

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
Welp, I went out and bought the slightly more expensive ones, and they feel pretty good, luckily, my cousin had a MX Brown keyboard which didn't have the dust guard, and the key wobble was noticeable, but it wasn't that bad.
Now, the keys with the dust guard that I have in my keyboard have less key wobble than the MX switches for sure, but, honestly, if there was a rather large price difference, this wouldn't really matter at all, so I'd recommend going with the cheaper option, luckily I found a good deal on my switches so it wasn't all too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.