Outemu Switches Land On Biostar’s $45 Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

synphul

Champion
It might make things interesting if they can keep the price down around $45. So far so good with a tesoro using kailh brown switches, no rattling or malfunctions or anything. For the price it might be worth a shot, it's not much more than most membrane keyboards and maybe even less than a few membrane boards.

wifiburger

Honorable
Feb 21, 2016
these keyboard upgrades / changes to technology is getting a bit out of hand ! I'll wait for them to introduce a cell cpu into the keyboard for fancy light / response time with a pci-express interface for nice high bandwidth typing :)

jonny27

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Hmm, this looks suspiciously like the chinese "mechanical" keyboards on ebay and the likes, I think I've seen that frame and lighting layout before. And yes, "mechanical". I once ordered one of them to check out for 40€, only that it wasn't actually mechanical. When it arrived, one of the switches got loose, and underneath it, instead of the usual electrical contacts I saw a nub that actuated on the keyboard a - you guessed - rubber dome. So in short merely a mechanical feel keyboard that always had to be bottomed out. Needless to say, felt terrible.
Not to say there aren't any genuine cheap mechanical keyboards out there - the Motospeed CK104 immediately comes to mind as the go to choice in this price range, which btw sports also outemu blues - but at this price one should be very careful on what the keyboard actually is.

spigias

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
as stated above you have to be extra careful when buying keyboards from ebay due to dozen mechanical "like" feel keyboards. i ve got E-3LUE K751 with outemu red seems ok. also you can check ebay for ck104, ak47,rk920 most of them use outemu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS