[SOLVED] Outlook 2011 for Mac - Incoming mail not working with SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2018
My website and email hosting company (TSO Host) have recently upgraded to only use TLS 1.2
(see below)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the latest security requirements, all of our shared servers (including cPanel, Cloud Hosting, ex-Daily customers) will support TLS 1.2 only by 1st of July.

Respectively, as of 1st of July TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will no longer be supported.

Websites shouldn't be affected.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using Mac OS version 10.9

Outlook 2011 for Mac will no longer receive email using SSL checked and port 995 -
This is a POP3 account.

"Outlook cannot find the server. Verify the server information is entered correctly in the Account Settings, and that your DNS settings in the Network pane of System Preferences are correct."

Email DOES receive ok when SSL is UNCHECKED using port 110

Does anyone know if this is an issue with Outlook 2011 not supporting TLS 1.2 or is it just a coincidence that the email stopped working when they changed the server settings?

Would upgrading to a newer version of Outlook work with SSL and TLS 1.2?

I have already contacted TSO Host and their answers are very generic and not very helpful, basically, I don't think they really know.

Solution
The best way to connect Outlook is to find the settings requirement for your mail server. If they are hosting you then they should have a settings page. iMail works much better than Outlook, but understand if that is what you prefer.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
The best way to connect Outlook is to find the settings requirement for your mail server. If they are hosting you then they should have a settings page. iMail works much better than Outlook, but understand if that is what you prefer.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.