[SOLVED] Outlook 2016 composition and email viewing issue

afireinside7710

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
A client emailed me today about an issue that she was having with her Outlook. When she started composing or replying to an email in outlook, the text she was typing would not show up, or would show up until she hit the enter key in which case the text would disappear. While troubleshooting, I noticed there was an update for Office Pro 2016 on my machine. I decided to update to see if I got the same issue as she did. I now have the same exact issues she was calling about. We also noticed that every email we tried to look at was blank unless you 'viewed it in browser'. Anyone see this before?

Windows 10 Home 20H2
Office Professional 2016 version 2104 (Build 13929.20372 Click to Run)

Solution
This is a know issue that just started today.
It's an Outlook bug/outage affecting many, many, MANY people. Microsoft is aware and is working on a fix.

You can rollback your Microsoft Office installation as a temporary workaround or log in to webmail.
It's an Outlook bug/outage affecting many, many, MANY people. Microsoft is aware and is working on a fix.

You can rollback your Microsoft Office installation as a temporary workaround or log in to webmail.

Solution

afireinside7710

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

I have been looking all over the internet and havent read ANYTHING about it. Thank you very much, all my clients will be happy that its a larger issue.

Reactions: alceryes

afireinside7710

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Well looks like my Outlook is back to normal without any actual patch or update installed (as my pc was asleep all night).

Is Outlook web based? How can something like this get fixed without a software update???

TRENDING THREADS