[SOLVED] Outlook 2016 + Disappearing Folders

Feb 10, 2020
Recently retired my WIN 7 Pro system and made clean install of Win 10 Pro and Microsoft Office 2016
Outside of the obvious "objecting to change mentality" I was set to move on and use the system for the future support aspect. After investing in new software and printers my biggest complaint is with Outlook 2016 email program. I went from a POP account to IMAP (lost most of my contacts) yet I was resigned to the fact it will build up to where it was over time. Today I noticed that my "Sent Folder and "deleted Folder" no longer appear. Went to the internet for help - many people have the same problem, claiming it is bug to be fixed with a patch (from 2017!!). I have not found a solution to this problem - ran all the updates for Office 2016 and no change. Don't know how such a basic aspect of the program can not be rectified. Anyone have a fix?
I am seriously considering reloading my WIN 7 system and Outlook 2007, which in my opinion is superior and more geared to Business than Win 10 - the navigation alone through WIN 10 is tedious. Security is an issue but it may be worth it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

Solution
I would say that your problems are not with Windows / Outlook, but with POP/IMAP mailbox.

Our company has switched recently to a new email provider, and although it gives POP access, it's recommended to use IMAP. So, now I have two Inbox'es on my 2007 Outlook: The local PST file (keeping 15+ years of emails), and IMAP folder where new emails arrive. And I'm constantly copying new messages from IMAP to PST folder.
I would say that your problems are not with Windows / Outlook, but with POP/IMAP mailbox.

Our company has switched recently to a new email provider, and although it gives POP access, it's recommended to use IMAP. So, now I have two Inbox'es on my 2007 Outlook: The local PST file (keeping 15+ years of emails), and IMAP folder where new emails arrive. And I'm constantly copying new messages from IMAP to PST folder.

Solution