Outlook 2016 - How to stop it sending emails to the junk folder.

Batmann77

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
So I have a small problem with Outlook 2016. I have set up junk email rules to delete emails that arrive in my Inbox that contain certain words.

The problem with this, is that Outlook puts some emails right into the junk folder, without them going to the Inbox first, thus completely skipping my junk rules that apply to my Inbox. Is there a way to stop Outlook from putting any emails into the junk folder?

I have already set the junk filtering options to "no automatic filtering", but for some reason, emails are still being sent to the junk folder. I don't have any blocked senders, so that can't be what's doing it either.

Batmann77

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Seeing as that removes the junk options completely, won't that also remove the rule that I've made for junk email? Anyway, I looked, and my computer doesn't have the 'office' directory in the registry editor.

Batmann77

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
I simultaneously asked on here and the Microsoft forums, but to be frank, I have higher hopes for this forum. I can't count how many times a 'qualified Microsoft technician' has offered me a scripted 'solution', and didn't even bother to read my full question. Anyway, i'll be patient and see what comes up.

Colif

Win 11 Master

I agree with that about MS, for about 4 months their answer to everything seemed to be reset windows... which is always easy advice but may not actually fix problem. They just used it as a crutch. Reset may fix it but its a hammer approach, one answer for everything. Its one of the reasons I suggested tenforums, another is if I have a question I ask them myself :)

TRENDING THREADS