Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2022
Something happened recently that has me very worried. I was using company computer and opening/reading company Outlook emails. I opened/viewed email attachments. At one point, I opened Internet Explorer and was checking the history. I accidentally clicked on something that looks like this (this is not what I clicked on but it’s an example): 00000000FF2DB660089C01459B2E7AC6190FFC4482820001

Somehow, when I clicked on that series of numbers/letters, the Bing search engine auto-searched the information, making the information public.
I did some research and found this site (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-history/8923daa9-b4e9-4da8-b5dd-31058a83afec) which explains that that information has to do with the Outlook email transactions.

So, I’m severely worried about this. I don’t know that much about IT, but I’ve been told that the company IT department has very strong IT security.

My concern is: Can someone use that series of letters/numbers to hack into the company’s Outlook network or hack into my company Outlook email account? Or is it just random information that cannot really be used to do anything serious?

Aug 4, 2022
Report this ASAP to your IT department.
Opening infected emails or attachments is one of the main ways to catch a virus and pass it on.
Do nothing more with your pc until you get advice.
Report this ASAP to your IT department.
Opening infected emails or attachments is one of the main ways to catch a virus and pass it on.
Do nothing more with your pc until you get advice.
Thank for your respond. I will report to IT soon. I didn't open any infected emails/attachments. IE just recorded the email transaction (the 00000000 number) into the IE history which contains the PC History (the link I posted it an example of the rare event happening) and somehow when I clicked on it, Bing auto-searched the Outlook information.

Do you know if someone can use that series of letters/numbers in Bing to hack into the company’s Outlook network or hack into my company Outlook email account?

Status
Not open for further replies.