Just getting used to XP Home edition. Every time I fire up Outlook, I get an
error message that it can't load scrptxtn.dll saying I must be out of memory
or resources, or don't have the file. I'm running a P4 2.8 chip with 512mgs
of memory, so I can't imagine that's it. And the dll file is there, but I'm
wondering if the program is looking for it in a different spot? When I click
on Read Mail, Outlook will load after the error message. When I click on Send
Message, I get an error that Outlook has to close, and it sends some error
report off to Microsoft. Any ideas? Boy how I hate these "integrated"
systems! This is an OEM package installed on my new laptop. Thanks!

Gordon

"canuck99" <canuck99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just getting used to XP Home edition. Every time I fire up Outlook, I get
an
> error message that it can't load scrptxtn.dll saying I must be out of
memory
> or resources, or don't have the file. I'm running a P4 2.8 chip with
512mgs
> of memory, so I can't imagine that's it. And the dll file is there, but
I'm
> wondering if the program is looking for it in a different spot? When I
click
> on Read Mail, Outlook will load after the error message. When I click on
Send
> Message, I get an error that Outlook has to close, and it sends some error
> report off to Microsoft. Any ideas? Boy how I hate these "integrated"
> systems! This is an OEM package installed on my new laptop. Thanks!

Presumably this is Outlook EXPRESS? (Outlook is part of the Office suite and
is an entirely different program). You will probably get a better answer
from the experts in the Outlook Express groups - look under Internet
Explorer, or use OE as your newsreader, (MUCH better!) , set up
msnews.microsoft.com as the news server and search for "outlookexpress"
(without the quotes).

HTH