Outlook 'sent items' sync between platforms?

808dude

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
My employer of late has revealed some severely-weasley tendencies, and even beyond normal needs, I want to have a complete set of email records in case the hammer gets dropped. Since we've only recently overcome Outlook setup problem to use the company's email domain, vs a webmail account, these multiple installations of Outlook are now part of my work life. I haven't been able to find any simple MS troubleshooting tip for sync, which seems odd - maybe I'm not using good keywords.

Anyway, to send & receive company mail, I have Outlook 2010 on my personal desktop at home, 'Office Pro Plus 2013' on the company laptop (which I use during my regular company-sponsored work trips), and the 'stock' iPhone email app on the company phone. But there seems to be no existing sync between those platforms: the three of them DO show any Inbox items that I've sent from either of the other two, and the one from which it was sent shows that item in the resident 'Sent Mail' folder, but...yeah, no sync. (actually, there doesn't even seem to BE a "sent" folder in the iPhone app, but maybe that should be a separate question).

Is there a simple, or a complicated, fix for this?

Solution
For future emails add your email address to the BCC list.

You might be able to export the Sent folder and import it to the other computer.

I think for syncing Sent item you would need an Exchange server.