output audio from PC can be heard by my friend on skype.

LuLWaT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
hey need help. no idea why. the quiter the audio i listen to, the harder it is for my friend to hear it. if i set it so i can listen to my mic, i can hear an echo. i have razer kraken pros with usb soundcard. thanks.

tomc53

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
I would expect a small amount of feedthrough from the speaker to the microphone. They are mounted on the same frame, and some vibrations are going to get through.

Your only recourse would be to modify the headet to put more isolation (foam or rubber) in the mounting mecahnism. Or You can use a seperate microphone.

Echo during "listen" is because of the processing delay in the sound card and computer. It is pretty short, but noticeable. The only reason you don't hear echo in a telephone is that a small amount of the signal is fed directly to the speaker.

Update: You are not the only one with this complaint: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2176973/headset-mic-picks-sounds-speakers-youtube-music.html

LuLWaT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

i started recording with audacity and listened to music on quiet. i then played it back and could hear the music clearly. there is no sound leak so i dont think it is a sound isolation issue.

tomc53

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

You are not clear what you recorded. To test this you would need to record through the microphone while listing to something else on the headphones. For example, plug the headphones into a seperate music player, phone, etc. and record what the microphone is picking up. Inan ideal world, you would hear nothing or only a faint signal. From the other complaint I just answered, this might just be the nature of this model of headset.

Update: I also found this article -- good luck!

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1805718/razer-kraken-pro-mic-picking-headset.html

LuLWaT

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

ok so i plugged mic wire into my computer and the sound output wire into my phone. after i turned it past halfway, audacity started to pick up sound. i then tried it on just my computer but without my usb soundcard. the audio pickup was barely noticable.