Output to TV from integrated Graphics?

swiftone80

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Hello,

I have a Geforce 6150se integrated graphics card. It only has one output (VGA).
Is this capable of outputting to a TV? (I have a VGA to s-video converter, TV has s-video in).

If this is possible,, what would need to be done to get my desktop to show up on the TV, in way of settings before I disconnect the monitor and connect the TV, since it is not listed as a display, and when it is connected I can't see the options due to the monitor not being on.
and nothing shows up on the TV.

Also, if the above is not possible, my monitor has an s video output, but again when I connect it nothing shows up on the TV. I feel I am missing a step here but hoping someone can clear this up.

I looked for an answer but could not find one.

Thanks

swiftone80

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

Thanks, so on a single VGA output like this Geforce 6150SE, there is no way to output to a TV?. (using a VGA to s video converter cable)?.

Also does anyone know how a monitor with S-video out would factor into this,
if connected via regular VGA, would S-video output from the monitor itself to the TV be possible?

Thanks again

Don't...
Bump posts
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

I have connected my old 8600 GT to TV once through native S-video connection without any adapters. It worked. How I did it was to connect the TV first then turn on the PC. You might be getting blank screen because your TV might not support the resolution that the PC is trying to output. It should adjust automatically if it's connected from the very start.