outside gaming pc

Fernando_29

Commendable
Aug 27, 2016
I usually like at lest 3 times a month play with my friends outside, They bring ps4/xbox just have a game night. I take my pc I3 7100 and rx470? we always do it at night. How cold is too cold for gaming on pc outside? i tried to look for answers in google but nothing answers my question. Ps current temp outside is 60F usually at night its 70-80F

Have you seen liquid nitrogen overclocking tournaments? Or pictures of people using dryer hoses out their windows in the (sub-zero) winter as "cold air intake"?

At night, I'd be more worried about humidity. Especially when the temp reaches the dew point.

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Outdoor gaming... sounds fun. I would want something impervious to moisture or debris. I'd take a look at the Silverstone MM01, which is an IP43 certified against water or dust intrusion. Maybe not the suggestion you were thinking, and probably the first and only time I'll ever suggest an MM01, but it really does fit the scenario, and you know the PC will be safe to take almost anywhere. If it starts to rain, you can just kick back as everyone else scrambles to grab their PC.

Linus review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Af6bhAkZF0