Ouya Hitting All Target Locations Later This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredre9987

Honorable
May 25, 2013
@the_chem

For gaming yeah pretty much useless unless you like android gaming, but as a box for XBMC this thing is awesome. And cheaper than building a HTPC for it....Beats out rasberrypi, ATV2, Gbox midnights and any other ready made XBMC box.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I got the Ouya, I love some good games there... but there's an issue with its storage space it fills up quickly with games and BUM ! you have to uninstall games in order to install other, that sucks, doesn't it ?

I'm not too happy with my Ouya. The interface, game library, and how you find new games is terrible.

I don't understand why they don't make agreements with major companies to bring Hulu & Netflix to it. They also desperately need to get a Ouya version of NBA 2K14, Fifa 14, and some other sports games that already have Android versions.

The more time that passes, the more I feel like the Ouya is a product of marketing B.S. and top executives running a get-rich-quick scheme. There are just so many easily fixable inexplicable shortfalls of the system.

And why did they ever build their own controller if it costs $50? They should've just made a deal with Mad Catz, Logitech, or someone established to produce a bluetooth Xbox 360 controller clone and mouse combo for $30. A bluetooth mouse that paired with it would be SO MUCH BETTER than their touchpad.

MEC-777

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
As a pure gaming console, it has been somewhat of a flop IMO. However I think too many people are forgetting this is essentially Asus Transformer tablet guts in a tiny box. It's an android device and thus, you can install just about anything.

It's easy to root and once you've done that, go nuts and side-load all the apps you want (including netflix).

I'll probably pick one up just to tinker with and use as a dirt-cheap HTPC.

For those complaining about internal storage space, just plug in a cheap USB stick. Problem solved.

I think the Ouya should be recognized what for it's capable of doing/being rather than what it can do/is out of the box. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.